Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving At Fawn's House

We went to Fawn's house to celebrate Thanksgiving this year. Basically all but Gary & Karen's crew came to the feast. We had tons of food like usual - just to mention we had 3 turkeys! Everyone stuffed themselves silly. We ended the evening with 14 pies and brownies that were basically for the kids and maybe Blair.

Here is a few pictures that I took, I try not to take pictures of people eating cause it's kind of gross when you get an open mouth shot. I only took a few pictures here and there of a few people. Grandpa Lee and Jack stopped to take a picture after Pop was coming back from being banished to the side of the house to smoke! He is used to it though. The only way we could get the old guy to smile is for Jack to reach behind and give him a little pinch on his butt. Well, those of you that know Pop, know that Jack took one for the team in doing that deed!!

Joshua was able to hold little Carly (my niece from my sister, Lacy). Joshua loves to hold little babies, he has always been very gentle with tiny ones, I didn't realize this until I had Ethan and let Aaron hold him and he wasn't soft like Joshua. I just thought all kids knew how to hold a baby. I think he will be a great Daddy someday. If he ever finds a girl that is special enough to appreciate his awesomeness!

My Dad and Connie came to the dinner. We all enjoyed visiting with everyone. They left to go to Thad's family's Thanksgiving dinner. I am sure that their stomach's were extremely full by the end of the night. We teased Thad and Lacy that they were going to have to stop before the next meal and either throw up or wait for a large BM so they could find room for another meal. I know, I am crude. My father in law doesn't call me his Brown Sugar Daughter In Law for nothing. (If you are wondering what Brown Sugar Daughter In Law stands for it is this: Sweet and unrefined! And I am really okay with that)

I love being an Aunt and a Great Aunt. Since I am not having babies anymore it is so much fun to get to hold and play with all these cute babies. Maylee (David and Breezy's baby) was so cute playing on top of the table and smiling at everyone. Can you imagine having eyes as big as hers! Some people have all the luck! You can barely see my eyes on a good day and forget about it when I am exhausted, you can't even see the slits that used to be eyes.

Aiden is so funny. I don't think a kids cheeks can get much bigger than his, but they are sooo cute, (I can say that because I was born with and still have enormous cheeks)he gets them from his Daddy and Jeremy doesn't have them anymore so Aiden has hope (not like me). He loves to give kisses and sucks on your face. The really important thing to remember when Aiden is kissing you is that you need to turn your face so he gets part of your cheek and make sure that you keep your mouth tightly closed! His big sister Ashley used to attack me and bite my chin when she was his age, so I will go for the kisses every time, less pain involved! I was holding him and making him smile (which isn't hard by the way) and pretty soon I smell something that isn't a good smell. I sniff a bit closer and find out that Aiden stinks . . . BAD. (I think his mother gave him to me so that I would find Jeremy and give him the baby to change - good strategy Dawn) I went searching for a parent. David said, "Don't you know how to change a diaper?" I said, "Yes, but I don't have to anymore, it's not my job and as long as a kids parents are around I don't even have to think about changing diapers!!" So long story short, Jeremy changed him and I went on to having odor free air!

The kids like going to Fawn's house because she has a fun backyard and toys that she keeps at her house for her grandkids. They all went and played in the livingroom and tried to get away from the grown ups.

Darren and Allison were there too. Don't they make a cute couple!

After all was said and eaten, we all really wanted a nap. Dave spoke of wanting to get a whole bunch of hide-a-beds from IRCA and lining them up against the wall and letting everyone take a nap. The weather wasn't good enough for that but it was a really nice idea.

I don't think anyone really napped, but they sure wanted to! How nice is it to feel so comfortable around people that you can just sit back and relax. During this thanksgiving time my thoughts turn to how thankful I am to my Heavenly Father for placing me in a family with the gospel. I am so lucky to have been born knowing about the church and how great it is to have the knowledge that we are an eternal family that goes on forever. Through covenants we make on this earth we can return to live with our Heavenly Father and still be a part of our family on this earth and have those same relationships. As I sat back and watched everyone at Thanksgiving I pondered these thoughts and feelings. I am grateful that I had such a good mother that set an example for me in all that she did. Sometimes she was a bit crazy and dare I say, strange as I grew up. Things weren't always perfect but I always knew that she was there for me and I was important to her. She wasn't able to be here for the holidays but I felt her presense with us as I watched her children and her grandchildren play and laugh together. We miss you Mom but are glad you are finding love and happiness with Chuck. That is another great blessing in our lives, that Mom is happy again.





As many rested, Jack and the kids went a little crazy with the whipping cream!






This was only a few of the kids that went crazy with the whipping cream. I think Connie started all of this but Jack finished it!



We got to visit with Christopher, Jadie & Jackson over the internet and that was fun. It is so nice to have such a large family. Someone asked me if I ever got tired of my family. I said, Nope never, there is so many people to visit with that I never feel like I'm around anyone long enough to get tired of them.

Blair and I (and of course the kids) finally went home, when we got home the little kids asked what was for dinner! NOTHING! I said! Can you believe it, dang kids! Blair and I went and hid in our room while the kids played and watched TV. Our peace didn't last very long, pretty soon here came some of the kids. I guess we need to enjoy these moments now because before you know it they will all be grown up and gone. Sometimes that is our fantasy!

3 comments:

Dawn Walterscheid said...

Your blog is so cute I knew that you would love blogging. I think that next year we should get some extra beds and put them in the backyard.

smartquacker said...

Looks like fun was had by all.

Benji and Rypie said...

Gina! I had no idea that you had a blog. It looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving. Your kids are growing up so fast. It has been a while since I have seen everyone. I hope you are doing well.