Friday, November 14, 2008

My Mom's Daughters



This is one of my favorite pictures. I have to say that I had such a great time at Tondi's house. Fawn, Tondi and I just enjoyed being with each other and laughing. I am so grateful for all of my siblings. These people are not only my family but my friends. I am grateful to be a part of a large family.

My sisters and I played and talked and got closer. I have always been envious because Fawn and Tondi were able to go and do things together because their kids are older. My kids were always too young to leave, but now they are all in school and I was able to go. I look forward to more vacations together as sisters.

Once a year Tondi climbs Mount Timpanogis (okay I know it's not spelled correctly) with a specific group of people. (she climbs it other times throughout the year as well). Anyway, with my awesome luck it just so happened that climbing the mountain was happening while I was there! So, we got to go. Okay, so yes I have lost some weight but not enough. Tondi is miss exercise queen and Fawn climbs Camelback Mt all the time. I was the caboose. We did not go up all the way, frankly because my sisters love me and didn't want to kill me. Either that or they were concerned that they would have to carry me back down the mountain if we went all the way up. The mountain was beautiful. The colors were just starting to turn on a few plants and trees. We enjoyed being together - for me, it was a special experience.

I want my big sisters to know how much I love them and am so grateful for their example to me. I have watched them over the years and learned how to be a wife, a mother, a friend. I learned how to love little children by loving their children first. Their example of how they love the Lord and serve him in their individual lives. Being able to see these things influenced my life for the better. I love them dearly with a love that is eternal and so grateful that we are sealed together.

No comments: