
This is the only picture I have on the computer from our wedding day, my mother in law scanned it. So, yes we have been married for 19 years. Has the last 19 years been a piece of cake? Nope. Has it been worth it? Yup.
I am so grateful to be married to such an amazing man who is truly my best friend. I enjoy being with him 99.9% of the time. Okay, he isn't perfect he has that .1% when he is grumpy. The kids however might argue that percentage point a bit, but love it blind right!
Blair and I have had sad times, hard times, happy times, mad times, peaceful times and then there were those times that we wished would hurry up and pass and eventually they did. I think the whole trick to marriage is like enjoying a roller coaster ride. There are moments of laughter in between sheer terror, but the trick is to never get off the ride. To enjoy the good times so that the bad times are bearable. I was talking with a sister in law the other day and we were discussing being alone in this life compared to having a companion. I said that I didn't think I could handle being single because having a husband around, made things better. For instance, if times are great, they're even better when you have a loving spouse, and when times are awful, that spouse makes living each day better.

I count my husband to be my greatest blessing the Lord has ever given me, above all else, it is him I am most thankful for in my life. I absolutely love being married to him and look forward to eternity with him.
With each day my love and respect for my husband grows. I still at times put him high upon a pedestal. He treats me so good and has put up with so much over the last 19 years. Marriage is so much fun, the things that only he and I know about each other, the sentences that I never have to finish because he knows what I am going to say. The silent looks that only he understands. Training a husband takes lots of time but they sure are worth it, especially after they have had the advance courses in being a husband!!! Just remember the man you marry, isn't the same man 19 years later, he is WAY better.
My Mom sent me this picture that she had on her computer.

Blair loved this horse. It's name was Dusty. Dusty was just as ornery as Blair is. It was a fairytale wedding in that I was driven around in a buggy outside the temple. Many dreams came true for me that day. In fact I never had dreams like this because I never knew a dream could be this good.



4 comments:
WOW! I forgot about the 80's nice flash back. lol. I am so happy you married Blair he is a good uncle and you can see that the two of you were made for each other.
I LOVE the blue dresses...I had a similar dress back in the day :)
Love that picture of you and Blair!
Wow, that is quite the picture!! I love my HUGE hair! I can't believe it's been 19 years. Congratulations! That is awesome. Love and miss you guys tons. I am glad you married Blair too, so you became apart of our family.
Love, Lisa
Post a Comment